My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Peanuts


O. often uses his morning piss as an opportunity to strip off his PJs and frolic nudie for a spell. This morning was no exception. As he stood up from his shiny red Baby Bjorn potty (conveniently placed right out there in the living room), he stretched his arms heavenward and exclaimed "Look at how big I am!"

My Old Man said "Man, you are big! I remember when you were just a little peanut."

In response, O. turned his bare backside toward us and looked over his shoulder with an insouciant smile "Hey, take a look at these peanuts!" he said, smacking a hand on either side of his ass.

Kudos, O. You have effectively knocked the wind out of our little moment of parental nostalgia. I'm a bit scandalized, quite amused, and definitely swelled with pride - my child's first use of metaphorical language in the service of lewd humor. I have a feeling you will go far, my son.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

O is awesome! Wanna trade?

1:56 PM  
Blogger E. said...

I'll trade you for a week. I'm sure I'd have loads of fun with the tornado of energy and wit that your twins seem to be. But I'd need my peanut (and his peanuts) back after a bit, and I'm sure you'd want yours and theirs back too.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

snort! That was an awesome response...but I'm pretty sure you were talking to me (bored housewife) and that was an altogether different Lisa. A very cool one, though, as far as I could tell (I have this weird urge to investigate others with the blogger name "lisa"...).

And no, I wouldn't subject you to a trade--but a group play date would be ridiculously funny/fun. Your little O. is truly on his way to being a smart little smartass--which is the highest compliment I can give a person.

My boys do love being nude, though! Holy cow, do they. I think it's hilarious and adorable so I allow it far more often than I ought. They have discovered that they can make "it" disappear...EEK! (by shoving it into itself, incidentally). Ok, then.

12:54 AM  
Blogger E. said...

Whoops! I got my Lisas mixed up. Sorry about that. Well, I'll trade you too, Mama Blah Blah Lisa. I would definitely dig hanging with a little girl for a week, and Viva sounds like she's sharp as a pistol. But same deal: a week tops.

Bored Lisa (who is really not bored, as anyone who reads her knows), my boy loves to bust the nudity, too, and does things with "it" that make my husband dizzy. I'm a little more philosophical about it since I don't have one.

In future, I will try to keep all you cool blogging Lisas straight.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Those are the moments when you see your own sense of humor shine through and you think "Aw World, what have I done...."

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home