My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Lull


After five weeks on the East coast, we are home. Though we usually take two days to make the fifteen-hour trip from Chez In-Laws to Chez Nous, this time we drove straight though. We were making good time, and when O. piped up from the back seat saying he wanted to go home instead of stopping at a motel, the Old Man and I exchanged looks, checked the clock, and decided to go for it. I'm glad we did. It's good to be home, though I am plum tuckered out, y'all. And in a few short days, the whirlwind begins again. Sunday we head to Chicago to attend Lollapalooza, where O. will see his favorite band, Wilco, at his first ever rock concert. (We'll also probably check out a couple of other acts before the Wilco headliner, but since Wilco is the band O. is truly obsessed with, that's the band that's foremost in my mind.) It is going to blow his mind. Then Monday we fly out to Washington state to spend a week with loved ones. Then back to the Midwest, a brief visit to Chicago-area family, and home to stay for awhile. At that point, school will be starting, and I'll have to morph from a scruffy slacker to an organized teacher.

And that's all I have to say about that. I'm feeling a bit tapped out in terms of writing energies. Despite my excellent poetry workshop a couple weeks ago and the fact that summer is my time to focus on writing poems, I haven't done much more in the past week than toy with fragments or revise existing poems. And I'm not feeling very bloggy. So I apologize for this lame-ish post. I feel that I should really offer an interesting picture to make up for my lack of interesting words. Here, look at the desk I've been meaning to clean since school ended in May and feel better about the condition of your own desk:

Roll 98 - 3


Now good night, or good day, whichever applies to you at the moment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's not hard to guess where O's rocked-out leanings come from, it's a genetic congruence (which I can say since I know his gramma!) And as far as your desktop goes, when mine starts looking that way, I call it the "firehose stage," which means it would probably be best to sweep the place clean and start from scratch. Sigh.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Ahhhh, Sweet Wilco.

I envy your concert. I don't envy your travel schedule.

And BlogHer is in Chicago next year. Represent Bitch!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

That ain't a cluttered desk. My desk is cluttered. I have any number of stacks on it, and nothing ever gets filed, handled, or otherwise cleared out of the piles.

2:31 PM  
Blogger E. said...

Chicago, eh? Intriguing...

Orange, you are so kind for sharing your desk details. I am not alone. Would that I could sweep clean, Margot. If I were that bold with my paper, my desk would not be covered the stuff.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home