My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Ohs or the Aughts?

It's finally seeming normal to me that it's 2009. And the fact that it's 2009 makes me realize this here decade we're living in is coming to an end before long. Things are going to get futuristic again for a time. Remember when "Two-Thousand-One" still sounded kind of space-aged? Or the most futuristic-sounding year ever, The Year Two Thousand? (Cue Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg's falsetto and imagine Conan O'Brien with a flashlight under his chin.) But by now, "Two-Thousand-Nine" just sounds normal. "Twenty-ten," though. That's the future, man.

Anyway, what will this decade be called, when it's over and we're looking back on our skinny jeans and skinny lattes and crazy schitzophrenic relationship with carbs? When we're debating whether Justin actually brought Sexy back, or if it ever left at all? (Wasn't Prince just keeping it storage at Paisley Park?) Will we call these years the Ohs? Or the Oh-Ohs? I kind of hope they're the Aughts. I try my best to get everyone I know to refer to last year as aught-eight, but it's an uphill battle.

What's your prediction? (And, while you're weighing in, comment on the locale and lasting power - or lack thereof - of Sexy in recent years.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Oh-ohs. Sounds like the uh-ohs. With the Bush admin taking up most of the decade, seems fitting.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Candy Rant said...

I like the aughts. Sounds like we're REALLY old when we refer to those.

Also, there is no way Justin had anything to do with sexy. He's a putz.

Prince DID keep it in storage.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Feral Mom said...

I vote for the aughts. And, with apologies to Prince, for Justin.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home