My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's On!

Okay, I know I won't be able to post from my hospital bed as Esereth requested (and as she herself, amazingly, did when her little one was born). But I'll do the next best thing: a post during labor.

I'm in labor! And very excited about it. It's a bit after 2 AM and everyone is asleep. I've been having contractions since midnight and now they're about 10 minutes apart, about 40-50 seconds long, and at this point mostly quite managable. I just called my doula on her cell to give her a heads up, but I got her voice mail. I left a message, and I think I'll just call back when things are getting a bit more intense. If I need to, I'll call her home phone, though I'd rather not wake the whole family (including her midwife husband, who I know was on call yesterday).

Time for a contraction.

That one was pretty intense.

It's oddly cool to be laboring alone in the middle of the night. I sort of wish my labor had started more like, say, 4 AM so that I could at least have gotten some sleep, but at this point I'm just really glad to be in labor and hoping things go smoothly. Once things get harder I'll be glad to have my doula and my Old Man to hang on, and I'll be very glad to get to the hospital and get in the jacuzzi. But for now, this is fine.

So, I'll be back in touch to let you know how things went once I'm out of the hospital. It may be a few days. In the meantime, wish me luck.

8 Comments:

Blogger Orange said...

Good luck! V. exciting news!

A jacuzzi? I'm hoping you're planning a water birth and not just laboring in the tub. I wanted to have a water birth, but the pregnancy turned high-risk and shot that out of the water, so to speak. Then I bestowed the unused water birth on a friend, who planned to use it right up until she went into labor and things moved so fast, she delivered in the closest ER sans tub. I really need for someone I know (or e-know) to have my water birth!

Can't wait to hear about the new baby!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm very excited. good luck - not that you'll need it. You rocked it pretty hard the first time 'round.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Feral Mom said...

Hooray! Finally! We'll be sending out the vibes and waiting with baited breath...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

YAY, Labor!
Sending you luck and good wishes!
I hope everything goes without any sort of proverbial hitch.
Can't wait to hear all about it and your new little one!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blah Blah said...

I have so been waiting for this post! Congratulations ahead of time! I am very excited for you and I can't stop typing exclamation points!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for labor!!!! And only a week late...

I hope it is over, since the post was written more than a day ago and I hope it went smoothly!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Candy Rant said...

Waiting for more details! What a tough chick you are, posting during labor. Yikes!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Imez said...

"Can't wait to get to the hospital and get into the jacuzzi" dear god you sound like you're going on vacation.

where are you? how'd it go?

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home