My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Monday, September 10, 2007

Still Waiting...

Here I am on the evening of my due date, and we're still waiting for labor to begin. I read recently that the average second pregnancy goes three days past the due date (which seems a bit hard to believe, given how premature births would affect this statistic), so I guess I shouldn't be impatient. But I am. First of all, I want to meet this baby; I'm ready to bring this baby home. Second, I am now officially really tired of being pregnant. I'm getting this recurring Charlie horse in my left groin that is very painful and makes me want to hop around grabbing myself inappropriately in all manner of public situations. (As it is, it recently caused me to plop down on the floor in the intimates department at Macy's and do the stretch-for-pregnant-women-with-Charlie-horses, the Taylor sit, which for you yoga students out there, is basically badhakonasana. For the non-yoga-initiated, let's just say it's not a particularly ladylike position.) I'm also itchy as hell. My belly itches, yes, of course. But my feet also itch, and my shins, and my calves, and my forearms. I itch all over, like I've never itched before. I don't remember this from when I was pregnant with O., and it's maddening. Plus of course I'm all front-heavy and off-balance and I keep dropping things and I have to piss every twenty minutes. And the baby has dropped low in my pelvis and begun doing this head-butt-to-the-cervix move that's really uncomfortable, and makes me make faces and little noises that tend to alarm people around me, because they assume I'm going into labor.

And hopefully very soon I will indeed be going into labor. I'm ready. Bring it on.

7 Comments:

Blogger Feral Mom said...

Have you tried staying up waaaay too late watching the Big Lebowski? That seemed to work for us!

Hang in there...not much longer now.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your proofreader mother, here to let you know that it's actually "tailor sit," because that's how tailors in lots of places like India actually do sit while they're working.

More to the point, I'm ready to meet this kiddo as well. Not as ready as you, I'm sure, but right up there at the front of the queue.

7:56 PM  
Blogger E. said...

Feral, that is the best home remedy for kick-starting labor I've heard. (Well, besides sex maybe. Though I have to say that in my current state Lebowski sounds better to me than sex.)

Mom, I'll make a note of it. I think I spelled badhakonasana wrong too. I've been meaning to look it up and possibly change it, but have been preoccupied with other matters.

I'm still waiting...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Candy Rant said...

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you. I hope since there are no posts for the last 2 days that you went into labor!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Aw, geez, woman! I was REALLY hoping that if I kept waiting to check on you I would suddenly check to find that you had burst like a water balloon on concrete.

Oh, the itching--! Wretchedness.

Best of luck to you, dear!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Feral Mom said...

Yes, I'm stalking you. If the waiting is killing me, I can only imagine how it feels to you. Have you rented Lebowski yet? Nothing is fucked, dude. Nothing is fucked.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Shomer fucking shabbos. Hope you're having the baby!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home