My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Poop P.S.

Just wanted to let curious readers know the happy ending to the poop saga: Roo is fully potty trained, at long last. She poops in the appropriate place with little ceremony and no need for bizarre rituals involving submersion in warm water. She likes to announce her success loudly, usually characterizing her output as either a "big snake poop" or an "elephant poop," and she still gets a treat whenever she drops a deuce. But aside from that, it's just routine.

She did ask me today, "Why don't you and Daddy and O. get a treat when you poop?" I told her that when you get to a certain age, you just don't get a treat anymore for something so normal. Then I added, "At a certain point, pooping is its own reward." (I refrained from saying "My reward is that I get to be alone and unmolested for five whole minutes!")

"I still like to get a treat when I poop," she told me. Of course you do, little Roo. Of course you do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous DoctorMama said...

Pooping is its own reward. That should be on a t-shirt or something.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home