My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What's the Difference between a Limerick

and a Lime Ricky?


April is poetry month. So in honor of my Irish grandad Patrick, who truly had the gift of gab and always appreciated a good limerick (dirty or otherwise), my offering for today is a limerick I composed recently:

When confronted with strangers sans pants,
my resourceful friend Kate doesn't blanch.
Instead she quite stares,
her bright eyes focused there,
'til the flasher performs a scram dance.


Feel free to chime in with your own limerick, or a haiku if that's more your mood.

5 Comments:

Blogger E. said...

Dirty limericks
have a place up in Heaven -
God wants ye te know.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Imez said...

I would look
at a penis if
you show one.

I just love penises, and well, thought you should now.

Good talk.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say you have a talent for poetry.

I didn't realize April was poetry month. I'm going to try and come up with a haiku that expresses my feelings about tax time.

If I can do it without using the f-word too many times I'll post it here.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

It has been proven that I have no spontaneous knack for limericks. I will, however, gladly spew forth a haiku (or two).

Spring's here for today
yesterday it fucking snowed
I so hate Utah.

(well...it was 5-7-5, but it was pretty lame. that's where the "or two" comes in)

Lime rickies taste so
good to me in hot summer
limericks always rock.

strike two. Oh well. :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger E. said...

Yay for all the haiku, both composed and in process. I'm up for a haiku bitching about tax time.

As Esereth's shows, haiku don't have to be 5-7-5, though they can be. The reason has to do with syllables being different in Japanese. (It was all explained to me by a haiku expert in our area, the editor of Modern Haiku no less, but I don't entirely get it since I speak no Japanese.)

I think you get extra credit for genital references. (Or was that seasonal references? Either way.) And any allusion to alcohol, too, definitely.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home