My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Friday, September 02, 2011

Whither August?

Gentle Readers,

Damn. I can't believe I let all of August go by without posting. As I know I've said here before, for every post that makes it up, there are at least two or three substantive and ten potentially amusing but relatively lightweight posts that take form in my head but never make it to my qwerty little fingertips.

I had one going in my brain for awhile there that revolved around facebook statuses, and why there aren't more really interesting ones. I think it's largely because we all have way too many "friends" and thus much too wide an audience, which tends to put a damper on actually saying what's on your mind much of the time. And that makes the truly funny or actually interesting facebook status all the more enjoyable, when people manage it. Everyone, I think, has at least a few friends that are masters at the art of the hilarious, striking, and/or keenly observant facebook status update, and it's worth contemplating what makes a great status update great.

There was another one that would've been entitled "Vasectomies are Sexy." I won't say any more about that one, because I may actually write it one day, and I don't want to blow my wad (so to speak) right now.

The one that's currently on my mind is "Are Adult Boring?" Again, I won't say more because that's one I actually want to write. I'm chewing on it, and it may show up before too long. Tune in tomorrow (in other words, in a week or two) to see what develops.

xo,
e.

11 Comments:

Blogger DoctorMama said...

Are you a stfuparents devotee? I love that site, and not just because it's funny: I use it as a guidebook, and covet the rare "Mom's Gold Star"

4:18 AM  
Blogger E. said...

I am not familiar with the discourses of stfuparents. Do tell.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous dental implants surprise said...

This is really a good post. I like your writing style. People, who are fond of social media, would just love to read your blog. And yes, it seems very strange to them, who are regular to post blogs, if they miss out one month.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous All on Four Dental Implants said...

Wow, I love your post. I’m sure the thoughts which came into your mind but couldn’t take place in your blog were great. Keep on putting your thoughts into words because they are coming really good.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous all on 4 said...

Hi, I really liked blog it is nice to read and the blog seems quite natural. Keep posting good blogs like this in future as well. It is always better write down what is in your heart while it is fresh the article will be great to read.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous 4rx said...

Yes, that's truth because I was waiting for your August posts, well it's not a problem because waiting is alway perfect when we can get something special like you wrote in here.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous SJR builders said...

really nice blog..thanks for sharing

1:00 AM  
Anonymous seno mascellare said...

I like your blog, very nice and informative. Thank you for posting.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous oral dentist said...

nice blog about the oral
thanks for sharing keep on posting like this

11:38 PM  
Anonymous dentist said...

Great points on this subject, thank for sharing

2:05 PM  
Anonymous subsea engineering said...

I just stumbled upon this site. Thanks for sharing such a valuable discussion here.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home