My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

I floss daily, brush after every meal, and trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries.

RSS Feed

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day(s)

It's 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas. Hell yes. My kind of Tuesday. Yes, folks, here in the wintery wonderland of the Midwest, we have a snow day. And the best kind of snow day, the kind that's called the night before. Wait, no, even better: the kind that's followed by yet another snow day called the day before. We have a snow day tomorrow, too. Snow days. Some things are just sweeter in the plural.

Actually, the whole family was in our pajamas 'til nearly 4:00 PM, when my intrepid Old Man got suited up to go outside and shovel some of the snow heaping up on our driveway and front walk. I offered to help but, bless his heart, he turned me down.

snow day

Then O. got suited up to join him, frolicking in the glittery drifts.

snow day 2

I'm not ashamed to say I didn't leave the house. And I don't plan to. After all, what's the rush? Tomorrow's another snow day...

5 Comments:

Blogger Feral Mom said...

Happy Snow Day(s)! It's a Valentine's Day miracle.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

Yaaaay! Oh how I miss snow days! They never have them here. I don't know why.

Hope you're enjoying the hell out of 'em!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Imez said...

I gotta say, the snow doesn't look THAT bad. My grade school didn't close unless the snow covered the door. Oh well, let them all be sissies, more fun for you.

10:29 AM  
Blogger E. said...

It was pretty bad, though not unusual by Wisconsin standards (which is where I grew up). It was still snowing when these pictures were taken, and kept snowing into the night. By the time the snow stopped falling, it was hip-high on me (and I'm 5'8").

In my hometown, it probably would have warranted one snow day, not two. But since my school never has snow days, I'll take what I can get. (Many of the schools in our town got three days off.)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Your neighborhood looks like my neighborhood!
Love the snow days. Love. Them.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home